The Hawaii Shopaholics Grocery Swap
Please arrive between 9am-9:45am. Swap will begin at 10am! at Blaisdell Park 301 Kamehameha Hwy Pearl City, HI 96782 The next Grocery Swap will be February 2014! No Grocery Swaps in December or January. Ashley Dougherty will have the book Couponing in Hawaii available for sale at the Grocery Swap for $10. Please bring Cash! Also, everyone in attendance at the Grocery Swap will be able to sign up for an Exclusive Newspaper Subscription offer to the Honolulu Star Advertiser and The Garden Island Newspaper.
How it works:
- For every non-expired unopened full size item you bring you will receive ONE entry to pick ONE item from the table(s).
- For every non-expired unopened travel size items you bring you will receive ONE (1) entry for every two (2) travel size. Travel size is TWO oz or under.
- For every non-expired unopened sample size items you bring you will receive ONE (1) entry for every two (4) sample size. Sample size is one time use.
- You will be placed in a line and when it is their turn you will get to walk around the table. No long stops along the way! When one person is half way around the table the next person will begin. Take your item or items along the walk around the table(s). Once one person exists the next person will begin. Since this should be faster we will do 1 item, 2 items, 2 items, 5 items, 5 items at a time until you are tapped out. Also please note that the Grocery Swap will last 2-3 hours! You must arrive before 10am to join the festivities. We arrive at 9am to start counting and checking expiration dates. Anyone that joins after 10am may or may not be able to join. Remember this benefits all of us, so any ideas or feedback are greatly appreciated.
- Also, this Grocery Swap we will have an expired items table. We will do this at the end for those one or two items that were over looked and have expired. Some people are comfortable with using expired products while others or not. So this is at your own risk. Again the expired items has to be unopened new products.
- This is a FREE, kid friendly event.
- To participate you must bring items as described above.
- If you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
For the November 21st Grocery Swap ONLY
Please bring items to donate to USO Hawaii. Shopaholic Napua volunteers at USO Hawaii and has expressed they are in search of many items.
Therefore, let us do our part as Shopaholics and donate some of our stockpile items.
The 10 Shopaholics who donate the most will be at the top of the list for the Grocery Swap to pick from the table. Volunteers will be after those top ten who donate and than the rest who donates will be after the volunteers. If you don’t volunteer or donate items you will be at the very end of the list.
Here are the items USO Hawaii is looking for:
- Hygiene Items (travel or full size and for both genders) – Toothpaste, shaving cream, razors, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, aleve
- Kids Books
- Coloring Books
- Anything Kids can play with in the Kids Room
- Bagged Snacks like Chips, nuts, etc..
This is our way to give back to our community and to show the military we support them! BTW did anyone go see the Captain Phillips movie? The husband and I went this weekend. That movie is extremely touching and makes you respect the military and what they do! It is an awesome movie and two of my husbands past deployments he was on the VBBS teams. Makes me nervous now that I seen the movie.
Hawaii Shopaholics Grocery Swap Parties
Grocery Swap parties is where I will come to your home and a host a Grocery Swap for your friends and family.
You must have a minimum of 8 adults to participate and the cost is $50.
Email email@example.com if interested.
Here is a picture from the September 12th Grocery Swap:
The Grocery Swaps could not be successful without everyone chipping in, especially all the volunteers! Big Mahalo to the Volunteers!!!
If you can volunteer on Thursday, October 17th – please arrive at 8:30am!