The Hawaii Shopaholics Grocery Swap
Please arrive between 9am-9:45am. Swap will begin at 10am! at Central Oahu Regional Park (CORP) Waipio 94-801 Kamehameha Hwy Waipio, HI 96797 ***If you have pop up tent please bring them as there is no covering in the park! Be advised we are not allowed to pound steaks into the ground for the tents, we can only use weights. The book Couponing in Hawaii will be available for sale at the Grocery Swap for $10. Please bring Cash! You will also be able to get your book personalized and signed by the author Ashley Dougherty. Also, everyone in attendance at the Grocery Swap will be able to sign up for an Exclusive Newspaper Subscription offer to the Honolulu Star Advertiser and The Garden Island Newspaper for just $1 a Sunday paper + FREEbies.
How it works:
- For every non-expired unopened full size item you bring you will receive ONE entry to pick ONE item from the table(s).
- For every non-expired unopened Travel or Trial size items you bring you will receive ONE (1) entry for every two (2) travel size. Travel size is Three oz or under.
- For every non-expired unopened sample size items you bring you will receive ONE (1) entry for every two (4) sample size. Sample size is one time use.
- You will be placed in a line and when it is their turn you will get to walk around the table. No long stops along the way! When one person is half way around the table the next person will begin. Take your item or items along the walk around the table(s). Once one person exists the next person will begin. Since this should be faster we will do 1 item, 2 items, 2 items, 5 items, 5 items at a time until you are tapped out. Also please note that the Grocery Swap will last 2-3 hours! You must arrive before 10am to join the festivities. We arrive at 9am to start counting and checking expiration dates. Anyone that joins after 10am may or may not be able to join. Remember this benefits all of us, so any ideas or feedback are greatly appreciated.
- Also, this Grocery Swap we will have an expired items table. We will do this at the end for those one or two items that were over looked and have expired. Some people are comfortable with using expired products while others or not. So this is at your own risk. Again the expired items has to be unopened new products.
- This is a FREE, kid friendly event.
- To participate you must bring items as described above.
- If you have any questions email email@example.com
There will be several Vendors available at the Grocery Swap like:
If you have your own business please plan to come out to the park that day! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let Ashley know you will be attending.
Vendors are not charged for a booth but are asked to bring a giveaway item. The giveaway items can be a 3 pack of uncut coupon inserts or products from whatever you are selling.
By law you need to have your Hawaii Tax Id present and displayed. You will be responsible to bringing your own tables etc to set up! We ask that vendors be present from 9am – 10am!
Here is a picture from the March 30th Grocery Swap:
The Grocery Swaps could not be successful without everyone chipping in, especially all the volunteers!
Big Mahalo to the Volunteers and to everyone who donated to the USO!!!