Here is the Drug Stores in Hawaii:
Longs Drugs which is owned by CVS.
- Longs Drugs follows CVS’s coupon policy.
- Here is the coupon policy. The biggest thing to note about Longs/CVS’s coupon policy is that they price adjust coupons to the price of the item. Meaning they do not allow overages.
- Make sure to use your CVS Extracare card during every transaction to earn 2% back every quarter through an ExtraCare Buck (ECB).
- Here is where you sign up for a CVS ExtraCare card. When you use your card on Monday’s coupons may print at the end of your receipt, these are Store Coupons that can be stacked with manufacturer coupons.
- Click HERE to link your CVS Extracare card to become a Beauty club member. Beauty Club Members earn ECB’s by spending $50 in Beauty products before coupons and receive a $5 ECB.
- You can use CVS/Longs Drugs coupons stacked with manufacturer coupons.
- You can load coupons onto your card from www.savingstar.com/. These are manufacturer coupons. You will not see immediate savings at the register but the coupon value will stack up in your SavingStar Account. Once you reach $5 you can redeem for gift cards or cash. Also you can install the SavingStar app on your smartphone!
- CVS coupons can be found on cvs.com in upper right corner, click on ‘In-Store Coupons’ and some coupons that will appear will be CVS coupons that you can stack with manufacturer coupons. When you see the CVS logo on the lower left this indicates it is a CVS coupon.
- The Bogo Section of CVS Coupon Policy is a little confusing, so to clarify below I put the policy in simple terms.
- Sales tax must be paid for any Buy One, Get One Free coupon offer, if required by applicable state laws. Two coupons may be used on a Buy One, Get One Free promotion as long as it does not exceed the item total. Ex. Suave Shampoo is on sale for $2.00 Buy One, Get One Free and the customer is purchasing two shampoos; customer may use two coupons for $1.00 each and pay the applicable tax. ***This is stating that if there is a sale for BOGO Suave you can use 2 – $1/1 coupons (coupon must be off 1 product to use two coupons) to score each shampoo for $1 each.
- Buy One, Get One Free promotions may be combined with Buy One, Get One Free Coupons. Customers are responsible for paying applicable tax. Ex. Suave Shampoo is on sale for $2.00 BOGO and customer has a MFG coupon for Suave BOGO. Customer will receive both items for free but will need to pay any applicable tax. ***This is stating that if there is a BOGO promo (sale) you can use a manufacturer BOGO coupon to score both for free. This will work at most stores except ***Safeway*** as they do not allow coupons on FREE promo (sale) items.
- If items are out of stock and is on sale that week, ask for a rain check! They expire 1 year from when they are issued!
Walgreens is operated just like it is on the mainland. Biggest tip I have is watch the expiration date for the RR’s you receive. They seem to expire quickly so pay attention and don’t waste that money!
- Here is Walgreens coupon policy.
- Sign up to receive Walgreens Mobile Coupons.
- You can stack Walgreens coupon with manufacturer coupons.
- You can find Walgreens coupons in the sales Advertisement and also in Walgreens Coupon Books found in store near the front door or pharmacy. If you can’t find a coupon book in store, ask an associate.
- You can also print Walgreens coupons HERE.
- Some purchases will activate a Register Reward(RR) which is like money to be used on your next purchase.
- If you want to get more than one of the same deal to print the same Register Reward, you will have to do this in separate transactions.
- At Walgreens if you want to use a Walgreens coupon stacked with a manufacturer coupon plus a Register Reward (RR), you will need to have 3 items in your purchase these are called Filler items. I usually try to find the more inexpensive candy as my Filler item(s).
- Walgreens Balance Rewards is a loyalty card program where you collect points to redeem like money.
- You cannot redeem Balance Rewards and collect Balance Rewards in the same transaction.
- You can redeem Register Rewards and collect Balance Rewards in the same transaction.
- Go HERE for more clarification of the Balance Rewards.
- A manager or cashier can limit how many like items you purchase to a “normal household usage”. Their policy doesn’t explain what a “normal household usage” is, so basically it is left up to the cashier or manager to make the discretion. Therefore, be aware that you may be limited to how many like items you purchase.