Here is the Drug Stores in Hawaii:
Longs Drugs which is owned by CVS.
- Longs Drugs follows CVS’s coupon policy.
- Here is the coupon policy. The biggest thing to note about Longs/CVS’s coupon policy is that they price adjust coupons to the price of the item. Meaning they do not allow overages.
- Click HERE to sign up for a CVS ExtraCare card. When you use your card on Monday’s coupons may print at the end of your receipt, these are Store Coupons that can be stacked with manufacturer coupons.
- Make sure to use your CVS Extracare card during every transaction to earn 2% back every quarter through an ExtraCare Buck (ECB). Quarterly ECB’s are calculated off OOP expense (after coupons) so ideally you want to have a lower amount ECB. The larger the ECB means you spent a lot OOP that quarter!
- Click HERE to link your CVS Extracare card to become a Beauty club member. Beauty Club Members earn ECB’s by spending $50 in Beauty products before coupons and receive a $5 ECB.
- You can use CVS/Longs Drugs coupons stacked with manufacturer coupons.
- Longs Drugs/CVS will not accept a manufacturer’s coupon with another stores logo. If you have a manufacturer’s coupon with another store logo, your best bet is to price match at Walmart and use the manufacturer’s coupon that has another stores logo!
- You can load coupons onto your card from www.savingstar.com/. These are manufacturer coupons. You will not see immediate savings at the register but the coupon value will stack up in your SavingStar Account. Once you reach $5 you can redeem for gift cards or cash. Also you can install the SavingStar app on your smartphone!
- CVS coupons can be found on cvs.com in upper right corner, click on ‘In-Store Coupons’ and some coupons that will appear will be CVS coupons that you can stack with manufacturer coupons. When you see the CVS logo on the lower left this indicates it is a CVS coupon.
- The Bogo Section of CVS Coupon Policy is a little confusing, so to clarify below I put the policy in simple terms.
- Sales tax must be paid for any Buy One, Get One Free coupon offer, if required by applicable state laws. Two coupons may be used on a Buy One, Get One Free promotion as long as it does not exceed the item total. Ex. Suave Shampoo is on sale for $2.00 Buy One, Get One Free and the customer is purchasing two shampoos; customer may use two coupons for $1.00 each and pay the applicable tax. ***This is stating that if there is a sale for BOGO Suave you can use 2 – $1/1 coupons (coupon must be off 1 product to use two coupons) to score each shampoo for $1 each.
- Buy One, Get One Free promotions may be combined with Buy One, Get One Free Coupons. Customers are responsible for paying applicable tax. Ex. Suave Shampoo is on sale for $2.00 BOGO and customer has a MFG coupon for Suave BOGO. Customer will receive both items for free but will need to pay any applicable tax. ***This is stating that if there is a BOGO promo (sale) you can use a manufacturer BOGO coupon to score both for free. This will work at most stores except ***Safeway*** as they do not allow coupons on FREE promo (sale) items.
- If items are out of stock and is on sale that week, ask for a rain check! They expire 1 year from when they are issued!
- Usually on Friday’s you can check out the sales advertisement that will start on Sunday so you can start planning. Here is how use this linkhttp://longs.staradvertiser.com/oahu/0504/ The last 4 numbers should correspond with the Sunday the sales ad starts. So if I want to look at the next week I will replace the 4 numbers with 0511 for May 11th. Make sense?
- In addition, Sales usually start the Saturday evening before the advertisement states. So if the sale starts on 05/11, I should be able to enter the store at 6pm on 05/10 (the day before) and get the current weeks sales and the next weeks sales!!
- The wonderful CVS Red Machine has finally made its way to Hawaii.
Woohooo! This is great news as this machine is often referred to as the coupon machine or magic machine.
You will stick your CVS ExtraCare Card under the barcode scanner. You will than receive CVS/Longs Drugs coupons that you can stack with manufacturer’s coupon. The key to the machine is to keep scanning your card until the machine tells you there is no more offers available for you. Go HERE to sign up for a CVS ExtraCare Card.
Thanks Liz for the photo!
Walgreens biggest tip I have is watch the expiration date for the RR’s you receive. They seem to expire quickly so pay attention and don’t waste that money!
- Here is Walgreens coupon policy. Updated May 29th, 2014
- No coupons can be applied to any free item promotions. For example if Walgreens is running a Buy 1 get 1 FREE promo – you can only use a coupon for the Buy 1 item. If you have a coupon for Buy 1 Get 1 FREE and Walgreens is running a Buy 1 Get 1 Free promo – you would need to have four items on the belt to use the Buy 1 Get 1 FREE coupon since Walgreens does NOT allow coupons for FREE items – you would end up buying 1 and getting 3 items for FREE.
- If your coupon is higher than the price of the item they will not accept coupons that will need to be price adjusted. If the price of the item is $1 and your coupon is $1.50, well you are out of luck as Walgreens will not accept the coupon since it is higher than the price of the item. Best bet in this scenario is if it is an advertised sale to price match and use coupon at Walmart.
- Sign up to receive Walgreens Mobile Coupons.
- Download the Walgreens Smartphone app to load eCoupons onto your Balance Rewards card!
- You can stack Walgreens coupon with manufacturer coupons.
- You can find Walgreens coupons in the sales Advertisement and also in Walgreens Coupon Books found in store near the front door or pharmacy. If you can’t find a coupon book in store, ask an associate.
- Tip about the Walgreens monthly Coupon Book found at the front of the store is you really only need one book as if you purchase multiple of the same item, the one walgreens coupon will be applied to each item.
- You can also print Walgreens coupons HERE.
- Some purchases will activate a Register Reward(RR) which is like money to be used on your next purchase.
- If you want to get more than one of the same deal to print the same Register Reward, you will have to do this in separate transactions.
- At Walgreens if you want to use a Walgreens coupon stacked with a manufacturer coupon plus a Register Reward (RR), you will need to have 3 items in your purchase these are called Filler items. I usually try to find the more inexpensive candy as my Filler item(s).
- Walgreens Balance Rewards is a loyalty card program where you collect points to redeem like money.
- You cannot redeem Balance Rewards and collect Balance Rewards in the same transaction.
- You can redeem Register Rewards and collect Balance Rewards in the same transaction.
- Go HERE for more clarification of the Balance Rewards.
- A manager or cashier can limit how many like items you purchase to a “normal household usage”. Their policy doesn’t explain what a “normal household usage” is, so basically it is left up to the cashier or manager to make the discretion. Therefore, be aware that you may be limited to how many like items you purchase.
- Sometimes you may luck out shopping at Walgreens on Saturdays as the sales ad for the current week is active and sometimes the next weeks sales ad (that starts on Sunday) will activate early. Therefore you may be able to score even better deals if the item is on sale but two different sales for two weeks in a row. Example: Huggies diapers is on sale this week for $23/2 and the next week Huggies Diapers is on sale for Buy one get one 50% off. Therefore, the regular price is usually $19 each. So if early activation works you would get 1 diaper pack for $11.50 (half of $23) and than the second pack of diapers will ring up at $5.75 (the buy one get one 50% off sale activated early). Than you can use coupons if you have them. This would make an awesome deal. Couponers refer to this as Early Activation so now you will know what they are talking about. One thing to note about Early Activation is that Register Rewards do not prompt early so for anything that will prompt a register reward you will have to wait to Sunday to get the deal.