Once again Facebook is changing. This time it is a change for pages. For every post posted, Facebook wants to charge page owners to have everyone who has liked the page to be able to view it in their news feed. The price ranges from $5-$20 per post on how many Shopaholics would see the post. Here are some tips you can do to ensure you do not miss a post from Hawaii Shopaholics.
Tip #1 – Show in News Feed:
- Head over to the Hawaii Shopaholics Facebook Page and hover over the “like button” to pull up a drop down list (picture below).
- Click on “Show in News Feed” to make sure that the posts are feeding into your news feed
- Do this on each page that you want to stay up to date with.
Tip #2 – Interest List:
Add Hawaii Shopaholics to An Interest List. This will guarantee you will see what we post on Facebook.
- Visit the Hawaii Shopaholics Facebook Page
- Click the drop-down list near the top right next to the Message button.
- Click Add to Interest Lists.
- Click New List. Name it whatever you like.
To use the Interest list go to the Facebook Homepage and look for it on the bottom left. If you don’t see it look for the More link and click it. Add any person or Fan page you always want to see in your News Feed to this Interest list.
You will find your new Interest List on the Facebook homepage near the bottom left.
Tip#3 - Change the View to Post by Page:
If you are visiting the Hawaii Shopaholics Facebook Page and you don’t see what we post. Change the default setting, Highlights, to, Posts by Page. This will allow you to see everything we post. You may have to do this each time you visit the page.
You will find this drop-down list near the top and in the center. It will be grayed out.
Of course, if you want to see what others have posted you can click Posts by Others.
Tip #4 – Subscribe to the Hawaii Shopaholics Blog:
- Go to www.hawaiishopaholics.com, scroll down a little and look on the left for “Subscribe to Blog via email”
- Enter your email address
- Click Subscribe
- When you receive the first email go to the very bottom of the email and click “Manager Subscription”
- Change your subscription to daily in lieu of every post if you wish. I personally have all my subscriptions set to daily at 9-11pm.
Leave a comment if you have other Facebook Timeline suggestions.